cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parply
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Plus pointless and rip off ?

I have bt plus and the broadband is down.  So every attempt to even just understand what I am entitled to takes me to a service page telling me that bt are improving their service. No meaningfully useful bt plus entitlement details documented anywhere. I remember reading promises to send me a mobile access point for an outage. Where is the proactive attempt to manage my expectations or even better explain how I will be given the priority attention implied by bt plus ? Another triumph of marketing over reality and competence from bt ? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Plus pointless and rip off ?

Here arte the BT Plus Terms and Conditions that might help you.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/plus/terms/

0 Ratings
Parply
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

And the relevant part of the conditions appears to be 

You may be entitled to a 4G Wi-Fi Mini Hub (“Mini Hub”) (or for your existing Mini Hub to be reactivated) if you have a broadband fault

And when I have an outage how do I determine that I am entitled to this and how do I claim it ? Why should I have to do this ? Why am I not proactively contacted to set expectations ?

And a direct link to this document is great but when you cannot browse to it simply it is somewhat pointless. The BT help pages are consistently impenetrable, unhelpful, and make it almost impossible to escalate an issue via email. And after nearly 20 years of never getting a satisfactory response out of BT telephone support I avoid calling if remotely possible.When I logged into MyBT I was informed that there was an outage that impacted me. And if I try to raise an issue myself I'm faced with having to get past the BT hub diagnostics interrogation when I have a Netgear one. I might be persuaded to be tolerant of this if I am reporting a new incident but when BT have at least been competent enought to admit to me that they know of the problem I'm less impressed by this barrier preventing me from confirming I am impacted. And finally the outage report was telling me that it was anticipated to be resolved at some time in the past and was not resolved for another 10 hours. 

In my experience the only part of BT customer support that acts in a way that deserves some respect are the moderators on this forum.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The T&C are contained in the information pages telling you about BT Plus which is readily available on the BT web site. If you scroll down and go to the part marked "Important Information" then  "For full BT Plus terms see bt.com/btplusterms"

0 Ratings