cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atttim
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

This is info for others relating to how get a new Smart Talk App Service ID required every time you attempt to reinstall a BT Smart Phone App.

Failure to do, will prevent the reinstalled app from working.

And yes, its somewhat of a palaver, in my view !!.

BEFORE YOU UNINSTALL THE BT SMART TALK APP

1. Log in to MY BT

2.Scroll down to YOUR PACKAGE>TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR SETTINGS>Activate MANAGE YOUR SETTINGS

3.Page Your Package Settings> YOUR PHONE>BT SMART TALK>Activate MANAGE BT SMART TALK

4.Page BT SMART TALK>MANAGE YOUR SERVICE>Activate Box REMOVE USER>Click SAVE

5.UNINSTALL SMART TALK APP

6. WAIT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES

NOTE: these actions will remove the Smart Talk Service ID (eg. 033ABCD etc) linked to your phone. This takes time to complete within the "system" hence nothing should be done for AT LEAST 30 minutes.

The reinstallation of the new Smart Talk App after 30 Mins will instigate a NEW Service ID number linking your app to your phone. The new app will NOT accept the original Service ID number, hence why the original number needs to be removed, as described above.

AFTER 30 MINUTES

7.REINSTALL REPLACEMENT BT SMART TALK APP

8.Carry out the Set Up instructions within the app eg...be near your landline to recieve a PIN over the phone etc....

9.Hope this info will be of help

10.Good Luck

13 REPLIES
BobIsYourUncle
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

wish I had found this post earlier.

With a replacement phone, The mobile number is the same.

I tried setting up the BT smart talk app it quite rightly says new users are blocked - use the website allow new users.

On the bt website when clicking the manage BT smart Talk I get a blank web page

BT.GIF

I know BT smart talk still works on my tablet, but I cannot remove exisitng account to re-add it.

I'm in a catch-22.

I've spoken to BT, they tried but I'm not sure they knew much about it.

Is there a dedicated team? I did say "BT smart talk app" to the computer who first answers.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

This page may help BT SmartTalk issues

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
BobIsYourUncle
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Thanks, the post does make sense. I wouldn't want anyone calling and me paying for it!! But the "Manage BT Smart Talk" page does't load/is blank. So I cannot edit any config.

I wonder if this is because I didn't delete the account first. I did try setting it up 3 days ago on my Phone.
Sometimes these systems need 24hrs to reset.

I wish I had read this post before trying to set it up on my new phone.
I need someone at BT to delete BT smart talk service so I can start again
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

If the "manage SmartTalk" link is not available, then this is an issue with your MyBT account and would need assistance from one of the moderators.

Have you tried a different web browser, or tried clearing any Temporary Internet Files within your web browser?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
BobIsYourUncle
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Good idea, tried again different browser same blank page
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Thanks

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK. (NI, so I hope they have not been blown awaySmiley Wink)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi @BobIsYourUncle,

I'm sorry you're having problems with BT Smart Talk. I'll  be able to help you with this.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@BobIsYourUncle I called there but missed you, I was calling to let you know that I've raised this issue with the smart talk team and they'll get in touch with you in the next 4 working days but if you need any further help please post back here. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
BobIsYourUncle
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Thanks for looking into this for me

0 Ratings