Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwade100
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Smart Talk Issue

Hi,

I have configured one of my iPhones to BT Smarttalk, but would like to setup my girlfriends i phone to smarttalk. I have created a separate log on for her, and she can see our bills etc via "My BT" but the phone is refusing to complete the setup. It goes to the final stage then fails.

I have checked the troubleshooting and there are no issues on the account. Now I tried online chat but they could not help me because the account is not registered to a BTYahoo account it is a sky.com account that i have set up my bt too. And refused to help, and pointed my to "BT Tech Expert" team, but that's not included in my package and don't wish to pay additional costs. Smarttalk does not specify a "BT Yahoo" account is required, and my @sky.com account worked fine.

Assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Smart Talk Issue

if you have signed up for smarttalk you must be a BT customer for phone and have registered on BT.com and have a MYBT account.  did you create a new MYBT account for your girlfried associated with your BT home phone number?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Smart Talk Issue

The BT Yahoo! stuff sounds like a red herring to me. Try the dedicated SmartTalk helpline - 0800 032 2111, enter phone number, then option 4, then option 1. Early reports about their effectiveness vary - I found them extremely helpful, others were not so happy. If you don't get it solved come back here with more detail of what is happening and you should get some useful advice.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings