cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Smart Talk not working (cont.)

Its quite possible a moderator can sort this out with the SmartTalk back office people, as it has been sorted before, for others in the same situation as you, so keep your fingers crossed, the forum moderation team are very good, and have plenty of internal contacts.

I would leave things as they are for the moment, because even if you did block the Service ID via MyBT, you still would not be able to validate the new install.

Perhaps when its all sorted, you would be kind enough to update this thread. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Shiney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Thank you again for your words of encouragement Keith.  Presntly using the mobile as a door stop (joke).It's of no use to me without Smart Talk so is now switched off and will not be touched again until I get to speak with someone who knows what they are talking about!

I will certainly update the thread with any meaningful updates as they occur.  Many thanks to you!

0 Ratings
Shiney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Since my last a few minutes ago I have now checked my e-mails and found the following.  Promised a call here in the USA on my landline betweek 1 pm and 3 pm (US time) and I now get this.  What kind of business is this???

***edited by Mod***

I won't be wasting anymore of my time with these people they should all be sacked.  I would have been during my working life...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

That would not be a result of any action the moderators have taken, as its too soon, as they normally have a small backlog of requests.

The e-mail is only from the broadband technical team, who would not be able to sort this out anyway, as they have admitted.

I would wait to see what one of the moderators can do, I cannot see why they cannot call you in the USA, work related international calls used to be allowed, provided permission was obtained.  (I am a BT Pensioner)

0 Ratings
Shiney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

I didn't think so Keith for a minute.. The call I never received subject of the previous post was arranged yesterday by the callcentre in India.  Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.  I would have expected with all the technology available to BT the call would be via the Internet anyway so cost would not be an issue.  Again I am in your debt (not just EE)...

0 Ratings
Shiney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

I have just finished a call on my US landline as promised from a BT Moderator (not sure if I can/should name here to comply with forum rules?).  The caller explained nothing could be done to restore the Smart Talk app until we return home in June.  Whilst this was not what I wanted to hear I was at least prepared for the bad news having had this information previously suggested. The Moderator (sorry again if I could/should name him) was apologetic and sympathetic to the situation and that's about all I can report until we hear from him again in June.  Again my special thanks to Keith Beddoe et al for their information and sound advice.  I will update this thread when service is resumed.  Thank you for being there.  At least I have a clear understanding of what is happening now and can take appropriate alternative steps to make calls to the UK in the meantime! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

You can mention moderators but just use the abbreviated name as they show on their profile, not their full name.

Don`t quote what they say, verbatim, as its personal correspondence.

At least they have confirmed what I thought, there is no way to bypass the authentication process Smiley Sad

I am pleased that they did take the trouble to call you in the USA, which is more than anyone else would.

0 Ratings
Shiney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Yes Keith at least I now know that someone from BT is actively trying to help for which I am very grateful.  Just a shocking amount of time effort stress and everything else to get to this point and be told I cannot use the service.  I realise I'm only one of millions of BT customers but this has been an ordeal I personally could have done without.  Thank you in particular but also all who have helped thus far! 

0 Ratings