Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Smart Talk manage user problems

Go to solution

This isn't a problem with the App but rather the ability to manage users via the "Manage BT Smart Talk" page on the MyBT website.

Put simply this does not work. Tick the block or unblock user button, click "save"and watch nothing happen.

Calls to BT result in getting nowhere even when calling the number that answers "BT Smart Talk" and despite promises of a 72 hour call back on Sunday, no-one calls. BT Chat unable to assist.

Tried posting this on a similar thread in the community but no response there either.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Smart Talk manage user problems

Go to solution

Hi @prefdavid

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry for the problems you're having managing your BT Smart Talk service on your MyBT account.  I appreciate the time you've taken so far to contact us about this.

The community won't be able to help with this so you can send us over your details and we will give you a hand from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Sent PM as couldn't see any other way to contact you after clicking on your name as advised?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

You need to view the page on the full page view, not the mobile view, to see the link. The moderators cannot deal via PM.

0 Ratings
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I'm viewing it from my laptop not a mobile and there is no way to contact anyone other than via PM so what else am I meant to do?

0 Ratings
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Finally! Tried once more and this time this appeared.

**Edited**

So I've filled out the form with the requested info but if only BT would either not have a faulty website  or have people who actually call back as promised, none of this would be necessary.

It's now nearly a week since I first encountered this problem and no-one seems to be capable of resolving it.

0 Ratings
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I eventually got a call from a lovely helpful man called Kevin **edited by Mod**. Haven't got his contact details to hand as I'm on holiday.
It took a lot of messages though before he spotted the problem but once he did it was sorted very quickly.

0 Ratings
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Maybe you could advise everyone, if anything is being done to fix the website errors, so we can all manage this ourselves!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mrbutt89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I have a problem with the bt.com website, more specifically the page where I'm supposed to be able to manage the SmartTalk users on my account.

I've recently had to replace my phone, so I need to delete the old one before I can set up the new one. I've worked my way through the account section to the "Manage your service" page.

There are two tabs - "Active users" and "Blocked users", but there is no information displayed beneath them, apart from details of how to get the app.

Although an underline appears when I hover my pointer over each tab (implying a link), nothing happens when I click on them. Similarly, nothing happens on the "FAQ" and "The legal stuff" drop-downs below.

Are the links on this page broken?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to get me on to the next stage!

Matthew

0 Ratings
prefdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Eventually I found that by going into the website via Chrome on my tablet I was able to make the required changes.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings