cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT Smart Talk - no remove user option

Go to solution

I use an Android mobile with Smart Talk app. A short while ago I had to reset the phone to factory default settings. No problem. Except for Smart Talk. When I add the app it asks me to register and enter home phone number. When I do this is tells me that the phone is already registered with the app and to go to /mybt for the solution.

I understand that I need to remove my phone from the list of registered users - just the two of us - remove the app from my phone and then give it 24 hours and re-install the app. However, when I go to /mybt there is only the option to block a user and not delete one. I'm stuck.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated as I used to use this app when away from home without access to a handy telephone.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smart Talk - no remove user option

Go to solution

Based on my experience.

If you block a user, then that service ID will become disabled. You can then re-install the app, but you will need to create a different BT ID for that new install.

SmartTalk then creates a new service ID for that install. You can then unblock the user, and it should work.

On your bill, against the mobile number, you will see two service IDs, the original one which shows usage up to the point of re install, and the new service ID showing usage after.

Eventually the old service ID gets cancelled.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be something like that. Will give it a try and see what happens. 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just to add, the Service ID is simply a virtual phone number which is needed to route the call over the phone network. The mobile phone number is linked to a Service ID, which changes if you re-install the app. This is probably done for security, to prevent the settings being copied from one phone to another, which would result in a clone.

I guess that for each installation, a new hash key is generated.

It makes sense really, even though it makes it more involved for the user. I have only had to re-install once, and I seem to remember having to follow the process I described, and seeing the two Service IDs.

note:-

The last step in the process is to unblock the user (mobile number) via MyBT (main account), otherwise you will not be able to complete the final setup

0 Ratings