Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deakie
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

BT Smart Talk

Hi Community,

I'm stilll having issues trying to manage my smart talk on the bt website.

Nothing happens when I press active or blocked users.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Very frustrating.

Regards,

Deaks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Smart Talk

Hi @deakie,

Did you manage to get this fixed? If not, I can take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

deakie
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

I contacted you through the MOD portal as you said.

Still unable to sort thanks.

0 Ratings
dbv333
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

I'm having the same problem after an Android phone upgrade . I called BT for advice and was told that Smart Talk is no longer supported, yet I see from the BT web site that it is still featuring. Assistance would be much appreciated!

0 Ratings
rld
Message 5 of 14

BT Smarttalk has been discontinued - someone seems to have forgotten to tell peopleto update the website and pull it from the various app stores as well as actually telling customers!

0 Ratings
xmarksthespot
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

@rldwrote:

BT Smarttalk has been discontinued - someone seems to have forgotten to tell peopleto update the website and pull it from the various app stores as well as actually telling customers!

The position, as I understand it, is that BT Smart Talk is not available to new customers. It will be withdrawn ("discontinued") for existing customers in December 2018. I can currently use it without problems, but will miss its ability to help me make calls when outside the EU.

Based on having recently received conflicting and often erroneous information from BT staff regarding the status of BT Smart Talk, it's obvious that communication within BT regarding the future of Bt Smart Talk has been very poor. And as for telling customers, you're spot on. Heaven forbid that a communications company would actually communicate to the very people it relies on!

0 Ratings
deakie
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Thanks Robbie,

I now have my smart talk up and running again. The delete/reset you did, done the job.

Kudos to you for that.

However, when I go to manage it on the web page, I get this error...

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: x.x.x.x Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Took out the server IP for security.

Not sure why i'm getting that.

🙂

Deaks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi @deakie

I tried calling you back this afternoon but wasn't able to reach you.

My colleagues have got back to me to let me know things should be sorted out now.  Can you check it when you have a spare minute and let me know please?

I'm not about tomorrow so if I haven't heard from you I will try and give you another shout on Saturday.

Cheers.

Robbie

Highlighted
deakie
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Hi Rob,

Ok, I can now access the manage page once again but the same (original) issue remains.

I can see active or blocked users.

Pressing either tab does nothing.

So technically, I cannot manage any user though there are two.

It's all good fun.

However, I must give you kudos for sorting out the smart talk itslef.

That now works again. Brilliant work Robbie. Much appreciated mate.

Regards,

Deaks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @deakie

Thanks for posting back to let me know that.

I'll get on the case again and you'll hear from me next week.

Cheers,

Robbie