Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Felim_Doyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 12

Re: BT SmartTalk - Adding extra users

Go to solution

Like many people these days, my wife and I have multiple devices on which we would like to be able to use the BT SmartTalk service. We currently have one BT ID associated with one e-mail address for managing several phone numbers (i.e. home, business, family members').

However, we are not BT Broadband customers so I'm guessing that the BT Yahoo! Mail solution won't apply to us. Any other suggestions? Is it possible for a BT Phone customer to sign up for a BT Yahoo! Mail account with sub-accounts?

Félim Doyle, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
(SMAY)
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 12

Re: BT SmartTalk - Adding extra users

Go to solution

@Felim_Doyle wrote:

Like many people these days, my wife and I have multiple devices on which we would like to be able to use the BT SmartTalk service. We currently have one BT ID associated with one e-mail address for managing several phone numbers (i.e. home, business, family members').

However, we are not BT Broadband customers so I'm guessing that the BT Yahoo! Mail solution won't apply to us. Any other suggestions? Is it possible for a BT Phone customer to sign up for a BT Yahoo! Mail account with sub-accounts?

You would have been better raising this as a new thread.

The situation now appears to be that you need a new BT ID for each new device that you want to use BT SmartTalk with.

The new BT ID can be non BT email address but needs to be distinct from any other BT ID.

Your bill will then list each device registered for BT SmartTalk under a separate Id in the form of 

Service Id 0331 xxx xxxx and any costs associated with each.

The BT ID situation is fundamentally flawed and seems to be subject to changes that we are not informed about.

0 Ratings