Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 12

BT SmartTalk - Adding extra users

Go to solution

Well, I set it up on my Android with no problems. But I've hit a brick wall with my wife's.

Downloaded app OK and logged in to bt.com. It says that an account has already been set up on a different device and that service needs to be stopped before I can proceed. No way round this. Called the SmartTalk helpline and got a very helpful agent with whom I went through re-installation and checking online. Same result.

We eventually agreed that the system was reading the second phone as an attempt to set up an account rather than add a user, and we could find no options in the app or online to change this. The agent is arranging for a technician to call back tomorrow, and agreed that I could come to the forum meanwhile to see if any of the triallists or other users can throw any light on this. It's early days I know, but has anyone got some advice?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
ajm03u
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT SmartTalk - Adding extra users

Go to solution
pottyperson - Just want to check, when signing up for SmartTalk on a 2nd (or subsequent) device, you'll need to use a unique bt.com login. Are you doing this?
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Doh! The first user (me) has the same log-in details for bt.com and BT BB. That combined with my old age to fool me into thinking I had to log in to BT BB. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks guys, all fixed now.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

did you creat a new BT.com account (Like you have for MY BT) for 2nd person?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Erm, having issues too with my wife's set up:(

Did it all on her android phone, set everything up (new MyBT), had the automated landline call, waited for the text message (with the pin)

But left the app open, is this right? but then the phone froze:(

Phone started to respond so quickly exited the app.

Waited a little longer and had the pin come through, opened the app, typed in 4 digit pin - app says pin incorrect:o

Tried a few times, gives the same message (wrong pin or too many times) and the phone gets another text, with another pin!:o

The app yet again states that this pin is also incorrect and I need to wait an hour before I can try again.

That's it, I'm done with this already so I will uninstall the app on her phone, but how do I delete the newly created account?

TIA

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
vmx1200
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi all

Slightly different issue here

I have installed and activated SmartTalk on my Android tablet and now wish to do the same on my iPhone

I know I need to set up a second BT account for the second device, now the problem is that the username is an e mail address, I have one email address and that is associated with the first device (Tablet) so I get a message saying the username is already in use

I know I can sign up for a hotmail or gmail account but did BT not think people may have multiple devices and only one e mail address

Thoughts?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

just create a sub account to you main BT primary account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
vmx1200
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for very quick responseSmiley Surprised

How would I go about adding a sub account???

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

go to btyaho mail,click on name and select account info, manage sub accounts, create new sub account

do you not have a google email so you can access apps on your android tablet?

vmx1200
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Sorted ..... thanks
0 Ratings