Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bingo2385
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT SmartTalk - Number not recognised

Hi.

In december 2013 i signed up for BT SmartTalk and did a test call to a mobile phone (on my infinity wifi connection). - it was a success. Great quality.

I am currently abroad in Belgium, and cannot get one single call to work despite it being to landlines.  

I have tried sever different WiFi access points and ISP providers, but every number I call over WiFi comes up as NUMBER NOT RECOGNISED.

The app is pretty much useless.  Anyidea what is wrong or how i can solve this?

I run the CONNECTION TEST in the app to test my connection - and everything seems to be ok. 

Also, I am wanting to call a textphone user.  The number is usually 18002........  How do i dial this? Anything special?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT SmartTalk - Number not recognised

did you check before leaving the UK that you can use textphone over VOIP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bingo2385
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

I rang and spoke to a Rep at BT and they said i could and that it would come out of my 60-minute allowance.

However, that is the least of my worries as i can make ANY calls to ANY number.  They ALL come up - NUMBER NOT RECOGNISED!!!

Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

are you dially the number with just the standard std code just like you would use on home phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bingo2385
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

yep! Dialing in northern ireland as 028 XXXX XXXX
0 Ratings
bingo2385
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

FYI - i have in the past rang BT support and they were totally pathetic.  The girl asked me what device i have installed on.  I replied that it was an iPad.

Her next question was "What make of iPad?"

So i gave up seeking support from them!

0 Ratings
bingo2385
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Still not working...

0 Ratings