cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smurf001
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT SmartTalk Problems De Registering

I originally set up BT Smart Talk to work on two mobile phones.  After an IOS update I had to re-register the phones.  Someone how the mobile numbers were registered the wrong way round i.e. if I used mobile phone 1 to make a call it was the number from mobile phone 2 that the person at the other end of the call could see on their caller display.

I decided that the best way to deal with this was to de-register the phones and start again.  I have de-registered the phones through the app's on the phone.  One of them is no longer showing on 'My BT' as being registered but the other one is still there, with no way to remove it through 'My BT'.  I contacted BT through the online chat and they said it would de-registered within 4-24 hours.  Nothing changed so I rang BT and spoke to someone who answered the phone as being part of the BT Smart Talk Team.  After some discussion he said he would be able to de-register the phone for me.  He then disappeared for 20 minutes, I actually thought he had gone so was quite surprised when he suddenly started speaking again.  He said he was not able to de-register the phone so would put me through to Customer Services. I eventually got through to Customer Services who said I had gone through to the wrong department and said I needed the Smart Talk Team, so I explained to him what had happened.  He said that they had passed the buck and there was nothing he could do.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could do to try and de-register so that I can attempt to set up the phones again where they will hopefully display the correct numbers?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT SmartTalk Problems De Registering

Have you logged into MyBT and blocked the two phones first?

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

No, one of the phones has gone completely from the list.  The other one is still there, but the mobile number showing is not the one that belongs to to that Smart Talk account/person.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

If its the last phone number left, the you may be best to use the option to stop using SmartTalk. That should remove that from the list.

You can then start again and re-register each phone.

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

I think that is what I have already done, I selected the option to stop using Smart Talk on both phones and now in order to use again I need to sign in and register the hand set, yet when I sign in to My BT, it is still showing one of the handsets as registered.  Unless there is something else on My BT which allows me to stop using?

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I have got slightly further in resolving this now.

I did what you suggested and blocked the number which I was unable to deregister.

I now have Smart Talk working again on the first phone, but the number displaying when I make a call is the service ID number rather than the mobile phone number.  Ideally I would like it to display the mobile number, but at least it is not displaying the wrong mobile number.

BT have been useless in trying to help resolve this.  I put in a complaint as the last person I spoke to was quite rude.  Three days later I received a phone call and the first thing the person said was 'shall I close the case'.  She did not ask about my complaint or whether the issue had been resolved.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Hi @smurf001 Sorry you have not been able to get this issue with your Smart Talk service sorted and that the helpdesk advisor was rude.

We will be happy to help chase this with the Smart Talk team for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Thank you for passing my issue to the Mods.  I have now made contact.

Before I saw your post saying you had forwarded the issue I had tried re-registering the second phone, when trying to make a call it displays the number of the first phone.  I tried manually changing the number to the correct phone but it tells me that number has already been taken.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Hi @smurf001 I can see that the Smart Talk team have been in touch with you earlier today. Have they fixed the fault with the service for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings