Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stompa
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT SmartTalk - Unable to make call

I've installed the SmartTalk app on two android phones, each using a unique BT ID. Installation and registration went without a hitch. On one phone I am able to successfully make calls, but on the other it fails.

When I attempt to make a call from my phonebook , it gets as far as dialling the number, and the destination phone rings, But then I get a message on the android phone saying "Unfortunately, BT SmartTalk has stopped." at which point the destination phone continues to ring.

Similarly, if I attempt to dial a number from the numeric keypad, I get the "Unfortunately, BT SmartTalk has stopped." message as soon as I press any number key.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Stompa
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT SmartTalk - Unable to make call

One further point which may or may not be relevant. I did have the app working successfully on this particular phone around 18 months ago. Perhaps there has been a subsequent update which has broken the app? Maybe installing an earlier version (if I can find one) would do the trick?
0 Ratings
Stompa
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT SmartTalk - Unable to make call

Just answering my own question, using an earlier version of the app does indeed work.

So v2.38.7-ST works, v2.46.4-ST does not. I guess they must have broken something in the latest version.

0 Ratings