cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scootwilson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT SmartTalk - Useless, I cannot add my wife, user already in use?!?!?!

Really having issues with the BT Smart Talk app. It's the dumbest app I've ever used and I'm going to write to their cheif executive now after hours on the phone with BT, another hour on their online Chat app. arghhh!

The problem is I cannot add my wife as a user. I've got four SIMs with BT Mobile and only seem to be able to have one user, me. 

I've created a BT ID for my wife but when I try and log her in on the app on the android phone, it says 'BT ID Already in Use'. I've tried my wife's ID, mine, my sons and the same annoying message and no access to the App. 

The BT operative on the phone told me to 'block user' on the web, uninstall the app from my wife's phone, then try reinstalling and logging in with my wife's ID.

But I couldn't even do that. I've tried 'blocking' user in the Smart Talk settings on the bt.com website but it doesn't save the changes. No confirmation screen or anything, and then you click on the Blocked Users tab and that's empty, even though I clicked save on 'block user' a hundred times. Tried on Internet Explorer and Chrome! Argghh!! x 2

3 of the BT operatives I spoke to didn't even know there was a SmartTalk App and I spent ten minutes telling them was. 

BT are the dark ages with their apps and I'm thinking of going to GiffGaff after the past two days. The Three wifi app was so much better. Why isn't there a 'remove user' option in the app or on the website? Why can't it work out that the user ID is not already in use? And then the app is very buggy and basic anyway.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT SmartTalk - Useless, I cannot add my wife, user already in use?!?!?!

@scootwilson I'm sorry about the problems with your Smart talk service. We'll be happy to help you get this sorted if you send over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
scootwilson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

There doesn't seem to be such link on your forum profile NeilO
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @scootwilson Sorry about that. I have enabled the link for you on my profile to contact us.

PS The link will not show if you are viewing the site in mobile view.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scootwilson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Done this. No response...
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @scootwilson,

Normally, we try to get back within 24-48 hours but at times it can take longer. I'm glad to see @RobbieMac picked it up in under a day and is dealing.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings