cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

BT SmartTalk on CPS lines?

Can anyone tell me if they have got BT SmartTalk to work on a BT line which has Carrier Pre-Selection on it?

I've just tried to install SmartTalk on my Android phone and it fails at the final 'Complete Set-up page'

I just spoke to someone at the helpdesk and they think it may be as I have a CPS provider on the line though thats not one of the reasons mentioned on their help page

Note: I still use BT for some calls (via 1280) as well as pay them line rental + Ihave inclusive evening and weekend calls package with them and would be happy to pay for any calls I would make via SmartTalk.

So has anyone got it to work or found the same issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT SmartTalk on CPS lines?

Hi gt94sss2

If your calls are billed by a different company then you don't have a calling plan with BT and therefore there would be no way to route BT SmartTalk calls via your calling plan.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT SmartTalk on CPS lines?

@CraigS wrote:

If your calls are billed by a different company then you don't have a calling plan with BT and therefore there would be no way to route BT SmartTalk calls via your calling plan.

Craig,

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid it's incorrect. I have both a calling plan with BT as well as a CPS provider on the same BT line.

If I want to route a call over the BT network - that would normally be billed by the CPS provider - and have it billed by BT, I simply prefix the call with 1280.. and  get bills every month/quarter will calls charged by BT.

As such BT SmartTalk should work - the fact I have CPS shoudn't stop BT SmartTalk working on my line.

Best wishes

0 Ratings