Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimD
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT SmartTalk

Go to solution

Sorry if this has been asked already but have done a search and can't find it.

I use GiffGaff as my mobile prover and can ring other GiffGaff phones free.  If I have SmartTalk will I be charged BT rates?  They don't seem to know on the BT Help Desk.  I use PAYG on GiffGaff.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT SmartTalk

Go to solution

Hi @JimD and thanks for posting.

I've had a look at How much will it cost to use BT SmartTalk? and it states 'BT SmartTalk is linked to your home phone and the calling plan you're on. So the exact cost of your calls will depend on your particular BT calling plan, when you call and the type of calls you make' so if you're making calls using your GiffGaff account you would be charged at BT rates.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JimD
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks David.  I had seen the information you quoted and what you said was my default reading of it.  But I thought I would check just in case.  The Help desk came to the same conclusion when I had prompted them.  Before that they said it would be free.  It would kind of make SmartTalk unattractive for me though I confess I haven't tried to check whether it is possible for the App to prevent phones going via any available wireless internet in some circumstances.  Too complicated I would guess.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

just switch off phone wifi will stop it using any wifi signal but don't think that will make any difference to being charged as if you were making a call from you home phone  of course if you have free anytime call on home package then smarttalk calls would be free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings