Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
awirtz
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Smarttalk - Duplicate Contacts

I have suddenly duplicate contacts in my Smarttalk directory.

It may be a red herring but I think it has happened since I updated my iPhone to iOS8 a couple of days ago.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app but no change. It is also impossible to manually delete the copy entry.

Any answers?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Dickpotts
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Smarttalk - Duplicate Contacts

I have a similar issue - after updating to IOS 8 I get multiple entries of the same contact - multiple as in many pages all of the same contact.  Only happened after update and I have reinstalled 3 times so far.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I had this issue when the app first launched but with an Android o/s.  Re-installing the app did not fix the issue.

What did [sadly and frustratingly] was to wipe the association of the phone to Smarttalk and wait a couple of days and then start again - which did fix it.

That said; it may be a quirk of the IOS 8 and a completely different issue Smiley Sad

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Dickpotts
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I'll give that a go and see what happens.  On the iphone it does seem that some of the contacts are not what is currently in the Contacts app.

Interestingly I have an iPad that is linked to the same contacts and Smarttalk works fine on that.  Both are on IOS8.

We will see!

DP

0 Ratings
awirtz
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your answers. It seems to have sorted itself out! Since it sorted itself out I have updated to iOS 8.02. But as I said I did that after the problem went away.
0 Ratings
nigelar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I have this problem and my phone runs ios 7.x, so it is not specifically an ios 8 issue. Any solutions out there please?
0 Ratings
Dickpotts
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

After some digging around, my issue appears to be related to syncing contacts with Gmail contacts.  I have synced to both Gmail contacts and iCloud.  After disabling the sync with Gmail contacts the issue appears to have been resolved.

There is still tyhe p[ossibility that linking Smarttalk to Gmail contacts may be an issues but that will have to wait until a later time.

If this helps please let me know.

0 Ratings
awirtz
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

My problem resolved itself. I don't use any online contact lists so it was an internal problem. As I said it has resolved itself. Thanks anyway.
0 Ratings