Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Markegglestone
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Smarttalk - Unable to register new or view active users via MY BT account

Go to solution

Apologies in advance if the following seems like a rant but I've come to the end of my tether! What should have been a simple issue to resolve has now turned into a big complaint due to lack of communication from the customer service team.

I emailed the complaints team on 22/10 to advise I contacted BT via online chat on 14th October to advise I am unable to register BT smart talk app on my phone as it says registered to another ID. When I log into My BT it states I have 2 active users but when I click on Active Users nothing is displayed. I was transferred to the technical team who then advised me to email mobile.apps.support@bt.com , which I did that day. I even included a screen shot of page from MY BT Smart Talk online account. As I had received no reply, I contacted the complaints team via online chat and was transferred to technical team again. Then then told me to call 150 when I suggested they log into my account to view problem. When I called 150 they did not know who to direct me to. When they found out I was transferred to a department which was closed and no option to return to previous, call ended.

I received a reply from the complaints team on 27/10 but the only information provided were instructions on how to use BT smart talk. She also advised I could  log in to www.bt.com/mybt. In your BT SmartTalk account, you’ll see a list of active users (identified by their service ID and mobile number) with a breakdown of calls made by each one. However, this is part of what is not working!!! I replied back on same day to advise the original issue had not been addressed but have still not received a reply.

I would be very grateful if anyone can advise on how to resolve, even someone from BT!

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Smarttalk - Unable to register new or view active users via MY BT account

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

BT have said that the SmartTalk service is being discontinued  next month, but meanwhile you may find this page from my website  some  help.

BT SmartTalk issues

Its probably not worth chasing this issue up, but if you do want to, I will ask one of the moderators to help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Markegglestone
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: BT Smarttalk - Unable to register new or view active users via MY BT account

Go to solution

Thank you Keith, if only BT had advised at the beginning!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Markegglestone wrote:

Thank you Keith, if only BT had advised at the beginning!

I have asked a moderator to confirm this date. I don`t think the Manage SmartTalk option has been  working properly for many months.

I think with the advent of WiFi calling, its probably obsolete, and not everyone wants their mobile calls charged against their main phone bill anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Markegglestone
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you again Keith
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Markegglestone wrote:
Thank you again Keith

You may be able to get it working by following the instructions on my website.

SmartTalk has never been a very easy application to manage, mostly because of all the security processes it has to implement, to ensure that calls are charged to the correct landline number.

It was helpful to many people who had a restricted mobile calls contract, but most people now have either unlimited minutes, or more minutes than they are ever going to use.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Markegglestone,

What Keith_Beddoe has said is corrected. BT Smart Talk is being discontinued later on this year. All existing SmartTalk customers will be notified of the closure plan via email, which is expected to be sent out from the 12 November.

With roaming call charges in the EU no longer apply, and most mobile service providers now offer cost effective call plans with unlimited minutes, only a small number of customers use it regularly.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings