Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moatlander
Beginner
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Smarttalk

Go to solution

on my phone, I've tried uninstalling the app and re-installing but it still shows a screen in 2 parts - top, BT ID is already being used on another phone, and the option to "Use a different BT ID", and below that "move your BT ID to this phone, where it says you'll need to first cancel SmartTalk on your othr phone and then "Set up my new device", which led me to the "Manage your service" page.

0 Ratings
moatlander
Beginner
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

unless it's a sequence thing

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

What happens if you create a new BT ID, which would be the normal process needed if you were one of the household users?

The sequence of events are such, that a new Service ID has to be generated, so it can be associated with that particular creation of the app, that is a security feature.

Its quite a few years since I was on the field trial. Its worth trying it with a new BT ID, and see if that works.

It will do no harm, because if all else fails, one of the BT SmartTalk team can sort it out, although it can take a while, so if you can sort it out yourself, it will be quicker.

moatlander
Beginner
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

I'll try that and come back to you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

@moatlander wrote:

I'll try that and come back to you

Thanks, its about the only thing left to try. It may show up on your account as a household user, but that would not matter if it works.

0 Ratings
moatlander
Beginner
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

I've set up a new id using a second email address I use on my account but with the same mobile number and it seems to have worked ok.  Had the call to give me the code and a text pin and the app now seems to be working.  thank you for your help

0 Ratings
moatlander
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

and you are correct, it shows me as a household member

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

@moatlander wrote:

I've set up a new id using a second email address I use on my account but with the same mobile number and it seems to have worked ok.  Had the call to give me the code and a text pin and the app now seems to be working.  thank you for your help

Excellent Smiley Happy

I will try and remember this, if anyone else asks, as it a lot less hassle than going through the helpdesk.

I did wonder about this, which is why I suggested you try it, as I know how it all fits together.

You will see your mobile number appear twice on your main BT ID, each with a different Service ID.

On your bill, you will see two instances of your mobile number, the latest one will show any new charges, if you have incurred any.

Thank you for following this through.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

@moatlander wrote:

and you are correct, it shows me as a household member

That is not going to be a problem, see my latest post regarding this, and the way it will appear on your bill.

We got there in the end Smiley Wink

I may add some extra notes to my webpage, as a result of this thread.

0 Ratings
moatlander
Beginner
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

do I "mark as accepted solution" to close this?

0 Ratings