Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RDW86
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport Streaming on TV Options - Airplay not working

Go to solution

Hi all,

Im a current BT Customer who pays for BT Sport as part of my Sky TV Package. Recently ive moved homes and wont be using my Sky TV box at that address and im looking for ways to continue watching BT Sport on my TV using the app (or other method). 

Unfortunately my options seem to be surprisingly limited. Here's what ive tried/have access to;

- PS4 App doesnt exist, ive looked in the channel list on the "Sky for PS4" app, which allows me to stream sky TV but BT Sport isnt included

- No Apple TV App. Cant stream BT Sport via Airplay/Mirroring, using my iPhone as a message comes up blocking the screen stating it cant be done

- No App for NowTV/Amazon Fire Stick

Personally I dont want to watch rugby matches on a 6 inch screen. Is there any other way I could get this working? My parents have a "Youview" box I believe (which they paid a one off payment for), could I possibly get my BT account linked to that and watch it?

Any ideas would be much appreciated all

Many Thanks

Ryan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport Streaming on TV Options - Airplay not working

Go to solution

BT's recommended solution in your situation is to download the app onto an Apple or Android gadget (no other mobile platforms are supported), then use a Chromecast to beam it to the TV.

Alternatively, use a web browser on a PC (including MacOS) with Silverlight installed.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Have a look at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/kw/bt%20sport%20airplay/

I believe that you will need to turn mirroring off to utilise Airplay with Bt Sport (with elidgible App subscriptions)  and you will need to opt for the stanard player rather than enhanced player if given the option.

0 Ratings
RDW86
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Ah yeah I see where Ive gone wrong here! Many thanks to you and the other guy that posted. Very helpful guys and has been resolved. Cheers!
0 Ratings