cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT TV App Extra (and Device Management)

Hi,

I recently cleaned the 'c' drive on my PC (which has probably cleared away BT cookies, etc.) and now the BT Player is saying I've reached my 2 device limit when I try to login to use the player, as I imagine it thinks I'm trying to add a new device now, and it says I have to wait 23 days to add a new device (though not the 30 days it says under the message, strangely).

So, I thought I would just upgrade to BT TV App Extra as a way around the problem, so that I can then have 4 devices registered and add the PC  back on straightaway, and continue watching on it now (and not have to wait 23 days).

The probelm is that neither the link on the the BT Player (on my PC), nor the the BT App on my phone, take to me to anywhere where I can upgrade to BT TV App Extra. There just seems to be nowhere to actually add it, either online or via my current phone app (an Android phone).

Are you able to help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV App Extra (and Device Management)

Hi @marilynag19 

BT TV App extra is an add on that is applied to BT TV packages so the process to add/remove would be by My BT app and manage  your TV packages to include the monthly add on .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. I have tried looking My BT, under manage my packages but there is nowhere there to add/upgrade to the BT TV App Extra as monthly add on

I just get this message (and it's a dead end, with no other links to follow):

‘Sorry, we can't show you any personalised deals at the moment’. But there's nothing to stop you checking out our current offers for broadband, TV, landline and BT Sport

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @marilynag19 I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the BT TV app, we'll be able to help you get this sorted and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch.

You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings