cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT TV App Extra no casting Icon

Go to solution

I have changed my package to get BT TV App Extra to enable me to cast to Apple TV. I now have 4 devices listed under the settings/device manager but no casting icon within the App. I have the BT Sport App and that casts fine. I have tried the App on both IOS & Android and neither displays the casting Icon. Hope someone can assist

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT TV App Extra no casting Icon

Go to solution

Hi @Dave_W  welcome to the forum and sorry that you are unable to cast from the BT TV App Extra.

Are you using Chromecast? If so can you check out Casting BT TV App and see if that helps.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Hi John, casting to an early Apple TV which is ok with BT Sport App. Did see a thread that says the casting device has to be listed under the settings/device manger on the App but that made no sense.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Dave_W  thanks for checking that and posting back.

Were you able to cast ok before upgrading to the App extra?
Have you tried uninstalling the BT TV App and installing it again?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

You can't cast from BT App you need App Extra.
Have talked with the sales office who have ceased and re-provided the service and things have changed a bit. When I removed and reloaded the app this time it asked about enabling Bluetooth to find casting devices and access to my network for the same, but it cant find it my 3rd generation Apple TV that is. The sales team have talked to the TMC to reset my devices listed in the App, but the App still won't find my casting device.

Wonder if it's a compatibility problem with a 3rd Gen Apple TV ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Dave_W thanks for the update. Are you able to cast any other Apps to the TV?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Yes John, BT Sport app works fine & YouTube
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@dave-W, I'll see if I can find out more information about the App and 3rd Gen Apple TV and post back to let you know.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Dave_W 

Unfortunately Airplay (aka casting to Apple TV) is blocked from the BT TV app, due to restrictions imposed by our content providers.  It's available from the BT Sport app as we have much greater control over the content rights.

We do have a BT TV app that can be installed directly onto Apple TV devices, but they need to be v4 or later.

I'm therefore afraid there's no way for you to watch BT TV on your Apple TV v3.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

If the reply is correct the BT.com web site is very misleading. So also unable to cast to Chromecast ?

"Watch on more than one screen

Whether you want to watch on a smartphone or a big screen, BT TV App Extra lets you fill the house with TV. And there’s no need for extra TV boxes.

You can cast your programmes from the app to a TV if you have Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Tablet or Amazon Fire TV or a Samsung Smart TV, all available in the BT Shop".

0 Ratings