cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

BT TV DEVICE LIMIT TO 2

Can somebody please tell me why BTTV limit devices to 2.
It's absolutely absurd, when you have a household of 4 all of whom have phones and tablets each wanting to watch different things.
Surely upping the limit to say 6 allows a bit more flexibility??
So because I pay the bill I have the app on my phone and tablet because I use both, but this doesn't allow my family members the chance to have the app then this needs rethinking as this will definitely sway my descion to keep BT TV or not.
Also why does it take 30 days to change to a new device.... come on BT less get a bit more sensible..
What's the point of having a TV service if it's not possible for family members to watch what they want...
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT TV DEVICE LIMIT TO 2

Welcome to this user forum.

It will be a licensing restriction imposed by the content providers. BT have to agree to this, or lose the rights.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

I appreciate that restrictions need to be in place but to limit it to 2 seems daft... especially when more and more people are viewing content on phones/ tablets.
If that's going to be the case at least allow instantly adding a new device and removing an old one.. why the wait of 30 days???
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

A moderator would be best to answer this fully. I have asked for a comment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 19

Hi @Mharrod1971, I think it's more to do with preventing ID's being given out to others to watch for free than anything else.

Beware of resetting a device as well, the app will see it as a new device. It did that for me and I had to wait 30 days to add it back.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

You would not want to give other people the details, as they would then have access to your MyBT on your account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 19

Those with common sense wouldn't, but plenty would. It it possible to create sub accounts?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 19

@Mharrod1971 wrote:

...I have the app on my phone and tablet...this doesn't allow my family members the chance to have the app

Have you tried using the app on other devices? my understanding was that the limit was two simultaneous devices. It's still restrictive but maybe a little more flexible than you think.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 19

@V_Meldrew wrote:

@Mharrod1971 wrote:

...I have the app on my phone and tablet...this doesn't allow my family members the chance to have the app

Have you tried using the app on other devices? my understanding was that the limit was two simultaneous devices. It's still restrictive but maybe a little more flexible than you think.

I think that applies to the BT Sport App, no device limits but it's limited to two simultaneous streams. You can switch between devices at will. The BT TV App is restricted to being used on two devices, if you want to use it on a third you have to remove one of the other devices. One change allowed every 30 days. That's my understanding, the information isn't exactly easy to find though!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

I have tried using the app on a third device
Just get the message stating you've reached your device limit. And goes no further.
0 Ratings