cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT TV DEVICE LIMIT TO 2

Hi @Mharrod1971 There is a 2 device limit for the BTTV App. Check this Help Page out for further information.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 19

John.
Thanks for the info.
I had read something similar, my issue is why is it set at 2 devices?? When clearly households are predominantly watching more and more content online, so I have a family if four does that mean I have to either pick my 2 favourites in the family to be able to use the app or selfishly keep the app on my phone and tablet...you see my point??? I appreciate restrictions have to be in place otherwise people will take advantage, but they do anyway people will use IPTV services and Kodi to watch content they haven't paid for, but WHY penalise customers who pay for the service by limiting them to 2 devices... it does not make sense, I'm sure this could be increased to say 5.
And the other issue is WHY does it take 30 days to remove and add a new device... this is crazy, I pay for the service surely I should be able to remove and add devices as I see fit, so my family need to be mind readers to be able to use the app... they would need the app adding 30 days before they wanted to watch something.... I tell you what let the MD of BT TV come and sit round at my house when I tell my 6 year old that she will have to wait 30 days to be able to watch KC UNDERCOVER or Liv and Maddie on her tablet after I install it......
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

I gather virgins equivalent (and inferior) app has the same 2 device limits, so not provider specific.  But it does seem daft if you really do have to wait 30 days to remove and add devices!.  You'd think that it could be done instantly if your logged into your online account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 19

@dave909 wrote:

But it does seem daft if you really do have to wait 30 days to remove and add devices!

It's to prevent the device limit being dodged (partially at least) by frequent switching of devices. Other providers with device limits operate the same policy.
--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

I can kind of understand that in part, but its still somewhat unreasonable to wait 30 days.  Could be countless reasons a person might need to re-register or device becomes unregistered such as major system updates and factory resets etc.  

I'm not suggesting there should be an endless unregistering of 1 device and the adding of another because of reasons said.  But 30 days alone is unreasonable.  Maybe add exceptions for same day unregistering of 1 and registering of another or even a third device for as long as that same day device change or third device is only via the infinity broadband connection the BT account is tied to?.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 19

Under the sledgehammer and nut rule it won't happen.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 19

@Mharrod1971 wrote:
Can somebody please tell me why BTTV limit devices to 2.
It's absolutely absurd, when you have a household of 4 all of whom have phones and tablets each wanting to watch different things.
Surely upping the limit to say 6 allows a bit more flexibility??
So because I pay the bill I have the app on my phone and tablet because I use both, but this doesn't allow my family members the chance to have the app then this needs rethinking as this will definitely sway my descion to keep BT TV or not.
Also why does it take 30 days to change to a new device.... come on BT less get a bit more sensible..
What's the point of having a TV service if it's not possible for family members to watch what they want...

If it's any good to you, Netflix will do you a package for less than £10 a month for 6 devices and 4 simultaneous streams

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

I also have Amazon prime... I seem to be able to add countless devices with them.
Netflix isn't really an option as they don't offer the service and channels BT TV offer...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 19

I totally agree, I switched from Sky, I’ll be stitching back. Also have Netflix & Amazon - although there is supposed to be restrictions on those services my family has 8 devices running Amazon, similar on Netflix. BTTV sucks!
0 Ratings