cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
littlealex
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT TV app - won't work on Tesco Hudl

Has anyone else got the BT TV app to open on a Tesco Hudl (1st gen)? I get a message saying "Rooted or Jailbroken devices are not supported. (TVE_S001)". The Hudl isn't jailbroken or rooted - has anyone else got the app to work on this tablet? It won't do anything else - not even browse the listings.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for the question - couldn't find an appropriate forum.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV app - won't work on Tesco Hudl

The app has been working on my Hudl up until recently when it seems to be hit and miss as to whether it plays or not.

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

I changed my Hudl in October 2014, because when connected to the TV via HDMI, the TV screen blanked every 10 seconds, the replacement was brand new from the local Tesco store(it cured that problem and I got a new 12 month warranty - resultSmiley Happy).

I have just tried to load the BT Vision app and I also get the same message! and of course it does not run.

0 Ratings
littlealex
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Looks like an update is needed for the app. Could someone from BT confirm they are aware of this. The Hudl is a very popular tablet and my son is gutted he can't watch his kids channels on it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

It's working fine on my hudl2 at least the sport app is ...

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
littlealex
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I'm talking specifically about the new BT TV app. Has anyone else got that app working on a Hudl?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

Ah! Did not know there was a new BT TV app. Yes, get the same broken message as in your OP. Have you tried contacting support?
0 Ratings
littlealex
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Yes, I sent them an email setting out the problem at length and then, after 2 days, got a reply from "Aidan" who told me at length that I hadn't included my account number in the email (which I wasn't asked for) so he was, I assume, unable to even read my original message as he hadn't addressed even the context of it.

Clearly the BT TV app doesn't work on the Tesco Hudl. So if you're considering getting the extra box so your kids can watch the extra channels on their tablets, forget it if you've bought the best selling tablet from the biggest retailer in the UK because it doesn't work.

Unless anyone from BT would like to add a comment here? I don't know my account number off by heart so obviously I understand if you ignore this completely.

Hello? Anyone?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 11

Hi everyone,

We’re aware that there is currently a problem with the BT Sport/BT TV player on the Hudl Mk 1 (it does not affect the more recent Hudl 2 model). The problem relates to the third-party video player SDK that we use in our Android app, which is provided by Akamai.

We are working with Akamai to find a fix for this, but unfortunately I can’t provide any more information on when this will be resolved.

We recognise that the Hudl is a popular device but we do not list it as an officially supported device.

The app is compatible with the majority of Android devices running OS 4.1 or later. However, there are thousands of Android devices on the market, and we're unable to test the app on every one. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the app will work on your device.

Thanks,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
pete50
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Great a reply from bt.

Thank you.

Question why does the app work on the hudl2 and not on hudl1 when the both use the same sdk provider?

0 Ratings