Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niagh01
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Toolbar

Go to solution

I have never had any problems loading the BT toobar, but yesterday and today I have. Yesterday after trying to download the bar from the BT site I got this message;

C:\users\Name\Appdata\local\temp\dis7F8B.tmp\wsetup.exe:: make sure you have typed the name correctly.

Today, I turned my PC back to factory conditions due to ongoing problems. The PC is fully running again with all windows updates completed, but yet I get this same message. I'm possibly doing something wrong??

Can anyone help. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Toolbar

Go to solution

Why on earth would you want a BT toolbar?

0 Ratings
niagh01
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

A very good question and I cant really give a good answer, except i have always used it for the shortcuts it offered.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Just use the native favourites toolbar and put you most used favourites on that. I assume you are using IE, just right click in the toolbar area and select favourites toolbar.

0 Ratings
niagh01
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

thanks, I have already done that, but I'm inquisitive and wondered why after a total rebuild I was getting the same error code as when there were considerable problems on the PC prior to the rebuild.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

BT have probably broken something Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Apart from agreeing that I can't think of any good reason to install the BT Toolbar you should check what folder it is downloading the set up files to.

It looks as though the set up is looking for it in the temp folder ( C:\users\Name\Appdata\local\temp\dis7F8B.tmp\wsetu​p.exe) but it is not finding/installing it.  

It may be that the file is in your "downloads" folder. If it is, once you have located it, if you still want it, click on the file and it should install.

0 Ratings
niagh01
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

thanks to all who responded, found out that my Norton sees the BT EXE file as a trojan and blocks it. I'll make my own favourites.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Looks like Norton has done a great job Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10