cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aphid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Virus Detect - identifying and eliminating potential threat...?

I have just run a full system scan with BT (McAfee) Virus Protect. A threat is detected but I cannot see what it is or how to deal with it. Nothing has been quarantined. No obvious option to find out more and delete the potential threat. What am I supposed to do, please?

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 15.00.46.png

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Virus Detect - identifying and eliminating potential threat...?

Might just be reporting that it caught something and automatically eliminated it.  There are other AV programs you might want to try instead like Avast and also ZoneAlarm.  ZA do a nice firewall/AV also a free version.  ZA virus component is from Kaspersky.

0 Ratings
aphid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Virus Detect - identifying and eliminating potential threat...?

Thanks for the reply. I think you might be right, that it has simply resolved the issue. Maybe better AV might have at least shown what it was and allowed me the option of eliminating. You get what you pay for, I guess...

Being an Apple user I have never encountered any virus issues at all on any devices. I only tried the McAfee antivirus on my iMac because it was free with my BT package. This is the first time it has ever detected anything. I realise the debate about the need for an antivirus on Apple is ongoing but I can only speak as I find. In my Windows/PC days....well that was a different matter. Always had full antivirus protection. 

0 Ratings