cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Virus Protect Activation Code Page Error...

When I try to go to the BT Virus Protection activation code page via the manage button on My BT it returns to the top level My BT page. The URL has error_code=31 in it.

Is the Mcafee site broken? How do I activate BT Protect?

Chris.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Virus Protect Activation Code Page Error...

Hi @ChristopherPovey, sorry you're having a problem with the Virus Protect. 

Are you having any issues with anything else on your MyBT?
Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache or used a different internet browser to see if that help?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I can access My BT in general just not the page with the BT Virus Protect list of devices.

I have tried Firefox and Edge on my Windows PC and Firefox and Chrome on my tablet. The tablet is what I want the activation code for. I had to reinstall BT Virus Protect, but I cannot get at its original activation code to activate it again. 😞

Chris.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @ChristopherPovey, thanks for confirming that info for me. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll get this investigated further with you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Sorry to add to the mess, I have a Samsung galaxy phone and tablet. 

I have had link via email, downloaded from my bbt and Google play.

All have been installed,  uninstall and reinstalled. 

All have failed with error "unable to connect etc"

Please advise. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi, @harrysta I'm sorry to see you're getting an error when trying to activate your BT Virus protect app.  Can you try following the steps in post 5 on this thread? Post back and let me know if that works.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Neil, sorry I did not give you enough info, I  had followed previous thread also all info on Google etc.

I have again followed your instructions and all goes well until I get to Mcaffe page which gives me activation code to use after download,  clicking on download results in half of screen going black?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for trying that @harrysta I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll be happy to raise this with the Virus protect team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings