cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snowdog37
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Virus Protect - Deactivating

BT Virus Protect (McAfee) wants to deactivate and supplies some random email and wants a password - I don't remember setting up this email or password. BTID does not work either. I see others on here have had similar problems but there does not seem to be a solution to fix this available for me to use - anyone out there help, please

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Virus Protect - Deactivating

@Snowdog37 sorry about that, we have raised this with the Virus protect team who are working with McAfee as it appears to be a common fault.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Snowdog37
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yet, more than a month later and all I've been told is that this is a common problem.  So, since BT provide this protection as part of there package, if I suffer any loss as a result of a virus attack, etc -then are BT accepting liability due to there not being a fix for this "common problem"?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

McAfee's AV has a long history of poor performance and functional issues, and was even denounced by its founder, John McAfee, a couple of years back. Best advice you'll get here is to give up on it and go for one of the reliable, free products available online (eg Avast or Avira). Personally, I've had no issues during many years with Windows Defender and an occasional scan with Malwarebytes.

If you do decide to dispense with McAfee make sure to use the removal tool.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.