cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

BT Virus Protect - Error While Installing Updates !

Hi,

I have BT virus Protect on my iMac which has been fine but suddenly I am getting daily messages "Error while installing updates!". I have re-installed but I keep getting the same message. This morning a friend rang me to say he was getting the message too. Is this a known issue ? Both of us on on Macs, he is on Big Sur, mine is Catalina.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: BT Virus Protect - Error While Installing Updates !

I am having the same problem....

Mine is a MAC on BigSur

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

HI @Rogerdodge51 and @Watkinmc  and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems installing the Virus Protect. I can help. I'll drop you both a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

@David - I've got the same issue here on two Macs - one on Catalina and one on Big Sur, both had the error appear on the same day. 

Is this a known issue? Is there something you can put on the forum around the fix, or is it something that needs to be sorted individually?

Thanks,
Adam.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Hi @Adam_G and welcome.

I'm not aware that this is a known issue but if you're getting the same error message I'll be happy to take a closer look for you. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

I am having the same problems - Big Sur and Catalina. why so many problems?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

@MickMac01  - one of DaveM's team got back to me very quickly.

They've found that direct McAfee customers have raised this on the McAfee forums and that they should be working on fixing it. BT are raising a case with them so they know we have issues and they can track resolution for us.

Thanks,
Adam.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Hi Adam_G

I appreciate your response. Fingers crossed this is resolved soon.

Will you keep us updated  here?

Thanks,

MickMac01

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Hi everyone.

Thanks for flagging this issue with BT Virus Protect. We’ve looked into this and can confirm that there is no impact to the level of protection provided by Virus Protect. I can understand how the message "Error while installing updates!" would be concerning.

We’ve spoken to McAfee and they’ve confirmed that a fix will be rolled out soon. This will be updated automatically, so for now please ignore the messages you are seeing. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will update this thread when the fix has been rolled out.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

This is also happening to me and I cannot seem to instal the updates. Ive tried reinstalling the virus checker but still getting the same message.

0 Ratings