cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT Virus Protect - Error While Installing Updates !

FYI Macbook Pro M1 running MacOS Monterey version 12.0 Beta

I don't know if I have solved this or if there has been a software update but I don't seem to be getting the update fail error message as frequently as before (if at all).

Yesterday I was playing around trying to get the BT Protect Firewall to activate on my MacBook when I thought of looking at the Apple System Preferences. I went to System Preferences>Security & Privacy and I found a checkbox about McAfee access. Exactly which tab it was on & the exact wording I cannot say as having selected the option the checkbox and narrative disappeared!

I don't think that I imagined this checkbox , although I am getting on a bit and can claim a senior moment, the BT Protect Firewall seems to be in place and I have not been conscious of the update error popping up today.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. The v4.11.1.1 update was deployed last night which has resolved the update error message. 

To make sure you have the very latest protection, BT Virus Protect automatically checks for updates every four hours when your computer is connected to the Internet. However, you can check for updates whenever you want to by clicking on Update in the Security Centre.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Thanks Neil,

I saw the message this morning, but that was when it was upgrading from v4.11.1.0 to v4.11.1.1 (it upgraded fine after the error message)

Checking now both machines are on the new version I’m no longer seeing the error message when it runs the upgrade so it looks good for me, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

I have been following this thread and hoped by reinstalling the BT virus protect software on my MAC desktop running High Sierra 10.13.6 this would fix the update error message that keeps appearing but on reinstalling and checking the BT Virus protect version it says it is Version 4.9.1.0 not v 4.11.1.1 as mentioned earlier in the thread. There doesn't seem anywhere to check the Virus protect version number before downloading from the BT website and going through the whole installation process? Can someone please advise what the latest software version should be that fixes this error and whether that is updated for Mac as well as PC and available for download from the BT website?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

@Andy-B-  my High Sierra machine is running 4.11.1.1 (751) and that is the version that fixes the error.

Have you tried selecting updates and forcing an update? Ignore the message as it still upgrades even after giving that message! 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Now updated to BT Virus Protect 4.11.1.1 (Build 1152), Updates still throwing failed error message although About believes that the DAT Version is 10073.0000 and dated today 11/08/21, which aligns with McAfee definition listings.

Updates Status says failed and firewall still won't turn on.

In the meantime Apple have today released another OS Update.....

MBA M1 w/ Big Sur 11.5.2

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Got this working on my device now, Virus Protect has just "updated" again this time from Version 4.11.1.1 (Build 1152) to 4.11.1.1 (Build 751)....not sure how that is an update but there you go.

Manual and automatic updates seem to be working now and showing as successful.  

Firewall has now prompted for a response in the Security & Privacy settings (General Tab) and allowing that process has successfully turned on the firewall as well.

Can't wait for the next OS patch as I'm sure that will be seamless 😞

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

still getting this error!

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Andy, Did you manage to get your installation updated to 4.11.1.1 ? A friend of mine still has the update error issue but cannot get hers to update past 4.9.1.0. If she tries to re-install she just gets the same version. Different licence keys but still the same version. I cannot find anywhere where there is a way to force it to 4.11.1.1.

any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings