cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Virus Protect - Nortons

Lots of issues installing this, but managing through trial and error.  However, I'm now about to instal on my husbands laptop and Phone.

His Phone will not let me instal My BT.  Does this have to be logged on as me (the main account holder)?

Does Nortons have to be logged in to as my log in on his devices as I am the main account holder?

Does Vault have to be set up separately for him even though I am the main account member?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Virus Protect - Nortons

Hi, @Carolg153 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If you want to install it using the same method you used on your phone you do need to log in using the main account holders ID you only need to do that once. 

Alternatively, you can log in to your MyBT and send a link to your husband. 

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status. To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  4. If you're using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing BT Virus Protect
  7. If you're using the device that needs Norton protection, choose Agree & Download

If you want to install Norton on another device:

1. Choose Send a download link 
  2. You will then reach a page where the download link can be shared via email, text or by copying the link. Alternatively, you can also scan the QR code found on the page
  3. Click on the link from the email/text on the device you want Norton installed on
  4. Click Agree & Download

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I'm afraid that none of this works.   Trying to use from my mobile My BT app, Nortons wanted me to install my vault on this device (I'd only got it on my PC).  Then it will not accept passwords and has yet again locked me out.  This really needs to be sorted for those, like me, in their 60s and were not brought up with  tech.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Carolg153 I'm sorry to see you're having problems getting the BT virus protect working. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thank you, I await your PM

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Carolg153 I think there is confusion between this thread and the one you have started today as I sent you the private message in 2022. I'll post on your new thread.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I've received email from you, but no idea how to respond as it is a "no reply" address??

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Carolg153 the email is an automatic one from the community forum to say I have replied on your thread. This discussion started in 2022. Please see your new thread on this link.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

emails were dated today, not 2022!!!!   I find this a very user unfriendly system - I have now idea how to  "join the conversation" from within those emails either

0 Ratings