Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santoros
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Virus Protect - Renewal - Software does not work

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been using BT Virus Protect for awhile now with no issues untill the last few days.

The software now says it has deactivated and needs to be renewed.

I have tried the following steps with no success;

• Re-installing the software
  • Clicking the renew button (This send me to a McAfee login page with a BTnetprotect user name)
  • Click verify subscription (Nothing happens on this one)
  • Deactivating the subscription on My BT page, and reinstalling a new copy.

If anyone has any other tips to get this working please let me know.

Thanks and Regards

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Virus Protect - Renewal - Software does not work

Go to solution

Hi @Santoros 

Sorry you're having this issue with Virus Protect. 

Have you installed Virus Protect on more than one device? If so do you get this message on each device or just the one?

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Santoros
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Stuart,

0 Ratings
AlanTC
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I have the same problem nothing I can download the software, install and Mcafee tells me it is ready to go. Then it announces my Antivirus protection has expired and thats it. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @AlanTC,

I am sorry to see that you are getting this message. I've sent you a private message so we can help you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@AlanTC  Thanks for sending in your details, I've raised a fault with the Virus protect technical team to get this investigated further.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
AlanTC
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I received an email from BT on 29/3/19 saying they were looking into my complaint and I was even given a complait number. Since then I have heard nothing and when I tried tracking the complaint number I was informed i have no open complaits. WHAT IS GOING ON?. Its a good job Windows Defender has taken over the job of protecting my computer and is doing quite a good job actually.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @AlanTC  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have not been updated on your complaint and it appears that is has been closed without a resolution. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will look into this for you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
AlanTC
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks John but i have just had a guy from BT on the phone. He fixed the problem remotely telling me it is a glitch some people are having. he left me his name and number in case it happened again so as far as I am concerned the case is closed. Thanks BT

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @AlanTC  thanks for posting back and that's great news to hear it's fixed.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings