cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Virus Protect Software Updates stuck after download - been installing for days and still at 0%

Hi

I am on Windows 10 Home on a desktop computer. BT Virus protect has downloaded and has been at 0% of the install for about a week even though I have left the computer on for 10 hours at a time.

I know this has happened to me before and I had to uninstall and reinstall but surely there is a better solution than this. I'm fortunate in that I have some tech ability but if I left this to my husband he would not have a clue how to fix this and this must be true of a large number of your customers.
Also there are no clear instructions anywhere on how to do this. I have found instructions on how to uninstall if you no longer want the product. 
BT lacks good help documents

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Virus Protect Software Updates stuck after download - been installing for days and still at 0

@KayTee wrote:

I know this has happened to me before and I had to uninstall and reinstall but surely there is a better solution than this.

There is, bin BT virus protect and either use one of the free offerings available generally or the built in Windows Defender.