cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Virus Protect and MacOS High Sierra

Concerning BT Virus Protect and Compatibility issues with MacOS High Sierra. Since updating my computer to High Sierra the BT McAfee software has lost the ability to perform custom scans in individual files and folders. Custom scan still exists but now it is only able to scan the entire system instead of individually downloaded files.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Virus Protect and MacOS High Sierra

You may want to have a look at Avast, they do a version for the Mac.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

But the BT McAfee is for the mac too. It's just that the latest Mac upgrade has partially broken it. What's needed is a patch from McAfee via BT.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 8

The McAfee product seems to be as much of a resource hog on Macs as it is on Windows PCs, going by online user comments.  However it's up to you if you want to wait for an update for the McAfee product.  Avast is said to have a much smaller footprint.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I've never had a problem with BT Virus Protect/McAfee hogging resources. It has always worked perfectly. Are you a product placement guy for Avast?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Nope.

Was looking around for other free ones for the Mac.  You may also want to look at Sophos Anti-Virus.  AVG is available too, but it's a known resource hog.

0 Ratings
John8
Message 7 of 8

Since upgrading to High Sierra I find my iMac crashes and reboots whilst it is 'sleeping'- this results in an error message when I do wake it up. I'll see how it goes for a few days but I may well dump BT antivirus

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The problem I originally posted about here is one which now regularly fixes itself after rebooting. Panic over.

0 Ratings