cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: BT Virus Protect switch from McAfee to Norton. iPad Air 3 IOS 15.2.1.

Go to solution

So what should BT customers do that have IOS devices?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution

Have a read of these links and there are many more if you do an Internet search about if there is a need for AV on iPhones/iPads

Do you Need Antivirus on iPad or iPhone? (techadvisor.com)

What’s the Best Antivirus for iPhone? None! (howtogeek.com)

Do Macs, iPhones and iPads need antivirus? | F-Secure

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

I have used Norton 36O on iPad and iPhone .  Since BT have switched to Norton why is this not included .  Or are you saying that Norton protects do not protect? Very confused . 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

It is very simple. Rebranded BT Norton Protect does not include protection for iPhones etc. If you want to use AV on iPhones etc which the above links say you don't need you will need to use a different AV product.

Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

Collating all the comments in the above thread (and thank you for each one) I've come to the conclusion that  if you have an Apple iPad/iPhone and you update methodically you are about as safe as you can be!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

I'm also having a problem updating my BT-ID user name, I complete the profile update and get the message we cannot update your profile and I am stuck in this loop, please help 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

It's a bigger problem then just iPads. Any Mac device has to be running the latest version of IOS, or two versions before. Nowhere can I find what Norton or BT say is the latest version. It would appear that for an iMac it has to be running the 64bit IOS for Norton to install from BT.  There are a lot of older machine iMac users that can't run the 64bit version so at a stroke there are going to be lots of upset customers no longer being able to take advantage of the BT virus protection.  Previously I asked BT if I can cancel my BT contract as they have changed their product, but the answer was no as the virus protection is not part of the product offering, but a freebie. I will be looking to change supplier when my contract ends!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

Disappointed the BT Norton does not enable you to download to iOS.  

You eventually after numerous attempts and updating to the very latest version get to the key info on a Norton troubleshooting page, see below, but the bt portal IMHO should make it clearer eg flag up a message when you do the initial Norton install, given that so many people have iPads. 

Otherwise uninstalled Macafee and installed Norton fine on my iMac Pro 🙂 

PS Also as I have posted on this subject previously … the anti virus Firewall settings, for Norton now, are as per set up and my iMac firewall is on too. No issues have presented themselves. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Looks like we would have to buy our own AV protection. Feel that BT should offer it, and the BT webpages imply you should expect it IMHO. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

Why is there never any response from BT to this conversation? Do they realise they have dropped off and hope it will go away and blow customer satisfaction! Unfortunately it appears customers don’t matter.

0 Ratings