Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gill64
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Virus Protect

Hi, I have the BT Virus Protect by Mcaffee on my android phone as I have broadband on my line.  No problems.  My husband has downloaded it on his android phone but it keeps turning off.  He has uninstalled and re-installed it but having the same problem.  Any ideas folks?  thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Virus Protect

Does he have or had any other antivirus program on his phone. If he does he will need to uninstall it as you can only have one antivirus program on a device or they will conflict with each other.  

You also need to have a valid licence for McAfee. The number of licences depends on which broadband package you have.

It is 2 licences for the cheaper packages and 15 for the most expensive.

0 Ratings
Gill64
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi I have infinity 2 which has 15 licenses. It is a new phone so as far as I am aware there is no other anti virus program on there.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Other than doing what you have already tried, uninstalling and reinstalling I can not suggest anything else except when he did that did he re-start the phone before re-installing, if not he should try that as it should clear out any cached problems. If that doesn't work it might be worth posting on the McAfee forum where you may get some help.

Personally I would not use McAfee as it always seems to cause problems at some point. I have an Android phone and I use the free version of Avast Mobile Security and find that it just works without any problems.