Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roadrunner67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Virus Protect.

Go to solution

I have BT Virus Protect, why do I often get a notification informing me I need to renew as it's about to expire. I never have renewed and it doesn't appear to expire.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
roadrunner67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Virus Protect.

Go to solution

Waste of time asking a question on here.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@roadrunner67wrote:

I have BT Virus Protect, why do I often get a notification informing me I need to renew as it's about to expire. I never have renewed and it doesn't appear to expire.

I ws just about to ask the same question, so it's a shame that someone saying you will never get an answer (which may be true), has been marked as the solution.

If someone at BT/McAfee could learn to spell "Activate" as well that would be nice. It's the small things. Smiley LOL

Virus.jpgUseless...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@stereohaven and @roadrunner67 I'm sorry you keep getting the renew subscription message. Can try following these steps to fix this?

First check that your computer's date and time are correct and that you have the latest virus updates.

Here's how:

1. Right-click on the time displayed in the bottom corner of your screen
  2. Select Adjust Date/time
  3. Check that the time and date are correct, changing them if they're wrong
  4. Now check that the Timezone is correct. If you're in the UK then it needs to be set to "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London". It's a good idea to tick any option that offers to automatically adjust to daylight saving time
  5. Click OK to confirm the settings and close the window
  6. Now right-click the McAfee "M" shield icon in the bar next to the clock at the bottom of your screen. Click on Verify subscription
  7. BT Virus Protect will then check your subscription. You should then see a "Verification Complete" message

The "Renew subscription" message should now have been replaced with "Your Computer is Secure". But if it hasn't, then try the following.

1. Click on the McAfee "M" shield icon again to open BT Virus Protect
  2. This time click on Renew my subscription
  3. BT Virus Protect will renew your subscription and if everything's OK, you'll see "Your Computer is Secure"

If this doesn't work and you're still being asked to renew your subscription, try removing and then reinstalling BT Virus Protect.

roadrunner67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

There doesn't seem to be any way of stopping these notifications, I've had six already today telling me my security subscription expires in four days. I'm getting Pi**ed off.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @roadrunner67

Sorry you're still getting these notifications. Can I ask how many devices you have installed Virus Protect on?

Also have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling as per the instructions in this link

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
roadrunner67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Stuart,

I have Virus Protect on a laptop and my desktop.

I have just carried out a reinstall on my desktop to see how that goes, it will be a while before I know if the problem is fixed, I will leave the laptop for now.

Thanks, John.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
roadrunner67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

That didn't work, I just had another notification informing me that my virus protection ends in four days. I'll just live with it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @roadrunner67,

If you'd like us to look into it for you please let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
newagetraveller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

I too have had this same problem with BT Virus Protect. It's never worked from day one with BT. Something that is meant to be included should work, why offer it otherwise?

Download, install and it is either not active or needs re-activating. Initially it worked until I received warnings that there were only "x" days left to re-activate then it would not work.

Tried de-activating then re-acivating each device, in my account. Download and install to a particular device - no not active. In my account it advises that I have three licences active - how when it doesn't on  all of the three devices.

Activation takes me to McAfee's log in which can't be done - no detail for that!

I've just had to continue using what I've always used, free anti-virus.

Oh, I did contact BT and that was a total wate of my time, useless. The person hadn't a clue what I was tyring to have rectified. I submitted a complaint about that which, again, was a total waste.

0 Ratings