cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Virus Protect

Hi, I've downloaded BT Virus Protect onto my BT Samsung ACE 4 mobile phone which uses version 4.4.4. I downloaded it from Google Play as it would not download from My BT. Having downloaded the app I cannot install it and keep on getting the error message "We had trouble connecting to the network. Please try again later." I've tried many later times but still get the error message. I have installed and uninstalled the app many times and turned my phone on and off many times but still the app will not install. All my other apps like Google and email all work ok.

Please can someone help me to sort this issue? Thanks in advance - Delrob

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Virus Protect

Hi @Delrob, welcome to the forum and sorry you are having a problem installing Virus Protect on your mobile. 

You've already tried using the app and downloading directly from the Google store and I'm sorry that neither of these options worked. Would you please try the 3rd option and see if that works for you. 
Login to your MyBT on a different device and try sending an email/SMS keycard to your mobile device.
Once logged in click on 'Your security' then 'Virus Protect' and then choose the option to send a link rather than download. 

Post back and let me know how you get on.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi John, many thanks for your time and effort regarding my question.  I have done the following; 

Using my laptop I logged into My BT and emailed myself a link to download Virus Protect. 

On my mobile I opened the email and selected "Protect Me " and then Chrome. 

On the next screen I received an activation code and selected the red box marked "Download. "

On the next screen I marked "Get complete mobile security " I selected the blue box marked "Download " and nothing happened. 

Please advise next steps, regards Delrob

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Delrob, thanks for trying that and sorry it hasn't worked. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Delrob, did the tier 2 team get this resolved for you? If not have a look at Neil's post on:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Virus-Protect/m-p/2188192#M44534

and see if that works for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi John, many thanks for the update. I have tried downloading from Play Store and when I try to install the app I get a message to say that it cannot connect to the network please try later, which I do but it doesn't work.

I spoke to Josh on Friday and he has provided an email address and reference for me to send screen shots from my 'phone so that they can be forwarded to someone else to look at. I am currently in the process of getting the screen shots and should have them sent by Thursday. Thanks once again for coming back to me,

Regards

Delrob

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Delrob, thanks for posting back. It was highlighted that this procedure fixed the issue for other users so thought it would help you. I'm sure Josh will get things sorted for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi John, finally got to the bottom of my problem. McAfee have upgraded the app so that it requires a minimum of Android version 7 to operate and therefore will not work on my 'phone. Nobody in BT was aware of this upgrade and it is not stated on any BT or Google Play Store web page. BT are now upgrading all their info to reflect this change. In the meantime I am left with no anti virus protection on my phone since the original McAfee app was deleted to make way for the BT version.

0 Ratings