cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

I have a Galaxy A12 phone and am trying to install BT Virus Protect.

First I tried sending an email link and also via an SMS from MY BT on my laptop. Clicked on the link on the phone and got to a Download Page which when pressed did nothing. Tried via Duck Duck Go, Firefox and Edge - all of which got the same result.

Then I tried via MY BT App on the phone which sent me to Play Store and I installed the BT Virus Protect App from there. Ran it and it asked me to get an Activation Code. Clicked on and put in BT ID and password to get to MY BT and I got the message "We had trouble connecting to the network. Please try again later."  I tried later and later and later still with the same result!

How do I get this install of Virus Protected activated please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

Hi @ChrisH1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems getting your activation code. If you log in to MyBT on a browser at www.bt.com/mybt can you get access?

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yes I can get access to My BT on all three browsers on the phone as well as via the 'My BT' app.

ChrisH

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, @ChrisH1 thanks for confirming that, I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @ChrisH1 

I've raised this with the Virus protect team and they've advised they're working on a fix and in the meantime, it's possible to get the activation code by following the below steps. 

NeilO_0-1633949224998.png

Can you try this and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Neil - that worked. All registered and working.

The published process does need some more work however!!

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Spoiler

This does not work anymore. When I select BT Virus select Manage button. It jumps back to the main page with Error code 31 in the URL.

Chris.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @ChristopherPovey,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having issues with Virus protect. 

I'm getting this looked into with our developers and will get back in touch once I've had an update. This could take a few working days with us running into the weekend, so I'll touch base with you on Wednesday unless I have an update sooner. 

If anything changes, don't hesitate to come back to me here.

Thanks 

Mandy