cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

New protection option (Norton)
Can anyone finally explain to me how it works now .... In the contract for my internet (Full fiber 900) up to 15 devices for free, after logging on to bt, the account writes up to 15 devices, but 4 pounds with pennies a month and the first month free....
I just don't understand 😞

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

@hitpzop Have you activated your New Norton Virus protect in MyBT?

Please visit www.bt.com/updateyoursecurity and log in using BT ID and password.

You'll then be taken to the Your Security page. From there:

1. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  2. If you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi 

I have phoned BT 3 times already about the problem since its changed to Norton, get same message on phone and on computer which is   The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. any help would be most welcome

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Sorry can't offer any help but just to confirm I am getting exactly the same response The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi
I tried this on my laptop, i.e. chnage to Norton and I am now just getting a message 'The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.' and still on McAfee
The same message that I have been getting on my phone for the past week or so - this is not good

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi,

I am using a Mac, have unistalled McAfee, restarted the Mac but don't get an option to 'switch to Norton' and when I try and 'manage' my BT Virus protect I also get the message "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable".  Assistance appreciated!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I rang BT before Xmas, and the call agent, in two words, gave up

I finished the call and decided to try again after Xmas

There is still no access path to be able to update to Norton as at 18.15, 29/12

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Yes just been on chat what I gather there's issues with sever they said I will have call back tomorrow 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

All sorted now all it was because my BT log in username was someone's name it wouldn't work,had to changed my username to my email address and works ok now. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Blue859,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. Most BT ID's are now email addresses. There are a few old BT IDs that are just a username, these need to be updated to an email address to be able to work with BT Virus Protect.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings