cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Virus Protection Norton Problem

Go to solution

Upgraded from McAfee to Norton yesterday. Looks like it's downloaded onto my laptop, but when I go into BT Sign In, Manage BT Virus Protect, Norton says 1 licence used on PC, but underneath a box is flashing saying this device is not protected! Also I have no BT Virus Protection box showing on my desktop like I had with McAfee. Help please! 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Virus Protection Norton Problem

Go to solution
I solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Security. It is now working properly. Now I'm definitely still smiling. Hope this helps someone else!
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, I think I need to do this. I am a bit afraid, what is the best way to start please, straight from the programs?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
My Bt then Your Products and then Your Security.
Installed Norton and then had to uninstall Macaffee.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Did it ask for a key, that’s the message I’m getting. I will uninstall and try again though 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

no key required, just followed the download instructions.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Lizzie, hope you've sorted it by now, but if not, make sure you go through MyBT sign in and go to your security. Just try downloading Norton again and it should automatically uninstall your first attempt and download it again. It worked for me, so I hope it does for you too!☺

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you!  I had actually done it right, but I did have to disable the Password Manager extension in Edge and Chrome as I suspected it of locking me out of my Outlook emails on my phone.

0 Ratings