Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pete4x4
Message 1 of 11

BT Whole Wifi

Go to solution
I purchased the Whole WiFi system yesterday and spent a few hours last night setting it up.
As first I thought it was great as it all seemed to start working.

Once I added the 3rd disc, the android app then said there's a firmware update available, which I selected to apply.  Once this went on, the app on my phone said that it needed an essential upgrade and I must visit the app store to upgrade it.. However there is no update available so then my WiFi is not accessible from my android app as it just tells me to update it..

Then I performed a factory reset of the lot and then my android app would connect again as a new setup, so I went through the whole process again to find once the 3rd disc was connected the app started asking for an upgrade (which doesn't exist)..

Finally after factory resetting it again, I used my sons iPad as I thought I would use the Apple App instead to set it up, this time the app allowed me to set it up and then continued to connect as it should.. 

I was very close to boxing the lot up and taking it back, but as it is I will use my sons iPad to manage it until the android app is updated.. Can you tell me if this is a known fault??
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Whole Wifi

Go to solution

A new version of the Android app will be available very soon to support the new firmware.

Apologies for the inconvenience you're facing, I will update this thread as soon as the update has gone live.

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Pete4x4

Please check Google Play for updates - the new Android app is now live.

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Pete4x4
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks BT, I see the update.

Once I get home and test it I will reply on here

0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Whole Home Wi-Fi app confused?

Go to solution

I've been using the Whole Home app on an android phone. When it stopped working temporarily after the firmware upgrade on the disks I also installed it on an iPad.

Now the android app is available again I'm getting different messages about the disks depending which app I use.

The phone app is saying:

Your disk is working well. You could try moving it further from your hub/router to get better range.

The iPad app is saying:

Your disk is working well, but you could try moving it closer to your hub/router to get better signal.

This is same for both additional disks. Any ideas which app I should believe or why they're giving different information?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 11

Re: Whole Home Wi-Fi app confused?

Go to solution

Hi @PinkSquirrel

Interesting issue - could you go onto Disc Details for the disc you're seeing this issue on and let me know what value you see under "Signal Strength" in both apps and what the text is saying against that disc?

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Dan-O wrote:

Hi @PinkSquirrel

Interesting issue - could you go onto Disc Details for the disc you're seeing this issue on and let me know what value you see under "Signal Strength" in both apps and what the text is saying against that disc?

Thanks for helping.

It’s happening on both the additional discs. The signal strength for a disc is the same in both apps but giving a different message.

Disc 1  -74

Disc 2  -62

On an android phone both discs have the message to try moving further away. On an iPad both have the message to try moving closer to the router.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@PinkSquirrel wrote:

@Dan-O wrote:

Hi @PinkSquirrel

Thanks for helping.

It’s happening on both the additional discs. The signal strength for a disc is the same in both apps but giving a different message.

Disc 1  -74

Disc 2  -62

On an android phone both discs have the message to try moving further away. On an iPad both have the message to try moving closer to the router.

Thanks for the information. The iPad is showing the correct message. We will investigate the Android app and look to resolve if necessary in the next app release. 

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Dan-O wrote:

Thanks for the information. The iPad is showing the correct message. We will investigate the Android app and look to resolve if necessary in the next app release. 

Unfortunately your answer suggests I’ve wasted my money on whole home wifi as the discs are currently not that far from the router. If I move them any closer I’ll have something more like whole room wifi! If the android app had given the correct information when I did the initial installation I’d probably have asked for a refund. I wonder if other people are being similarly misled into believing that that the discs are giving better coverage than they do.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

The app is offering guidance based on the signal strength values - there are many other factors in your house that can affect the performance of the discs - if you're finding the discs are working OK for you where they are, there is no need to move them.

Your disc on -62 is right on the edge of Excellent/"Good but move closer" so you would get away with moving that slightly further if you need extra range.

There is a balance between the connection to your main disc (or another disc) and the additional range benefit you get so the app is positioned to try and get the best of both. If you feel you're getting enough speed where they are, you can take them slightly further out and still be in the "good" zone.

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings