cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
June
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT Wi-Fi App

When I'm home the app repeatingly keeps reconnecting my phone to the Fon instead of my Hub. I reconnect to the Hub it's fine for 10 mins then the app disconnects from the Hub and reconnects my phone back to either the Fon or the Wi-Fi. Why? I've got Infinity btw. The app just doesn't seem to work properly, I have re-installed it but it makes no difference.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Wi-Fi App

Make sure that "Prioritise Your wi-fi networks" is checked in the app's Connection Settings. (Open the app and press the phone's menu button to get to the settings.)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
June
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Prioritise my wi-fi networks is already ticked. It does stay on wi-fi all the time it doesn't reconnect to mobile network. It switches back to my fon even though I reconnect it to my hub. The Hub is more powerful than the Fon.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 15

I believe you can delete the SSID off your phone, so it only has the option to connect your HomeHub.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 15

I think ryan is right, that was going to be my next step. With wifi switched on at home, go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > select in turn each connection in range except your main hub SSID > press Forget. With the prioritisation setting on, that should ensure that your phone connects to the hub first when you're at home. Fingers Crossed.jpg

All that it for an Android phone. Apples are a different world to me.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
June
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Pottyperson that doen't work. Because if I leave my house or go out of range, then I go back home the Fon and hot spot are there again. If I click them to be forgotten it only lasts as long as I don't leave the house. If you click on the link below and go to play google - you will be able to read complaints about this app not working properly. People are having the same problem as me.  Which is connecting to my hotspot or fon, rather than my bt home hub.

The link  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.mnie.wispr&feature=search_result#?t=W10.

When you have clicked the link above you will see a few user reviews, to read more click the link 'read all user reviews' at the bottom of that page and read a few more. A lot of people having the same problem as me,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 15

Sorry, it's a mystery to me why this behaviour seems to be selective; hopefully someone else will have an explanation. Meanwhile, all I can suggest is that you uncheck Login Automatically until you specifically need to find a hotspot away from home.

--
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

I don't use the hub so I don't have the same problem - whenever I come home my S2 automatically connects to my router ssid even though it has been connected to BTWIFI while out.  not having a hub I can't try but if you changed the SSID of the home hub and made that priority would it then connect to that rather than btwifi when you returned home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

imj might have a point there. I've changed my HH2's SSID and don't have the problem.

--
0 Ratings
June
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

My Home Hub is already priorty on my phone, and why change the ssid of the hub?  I can be in my home for an hour, look at my phone and I'm connected to the hub. I come to use my phone for the net and find it very slow, so I then check why by looking at the connection and I find it has swopped from the hub and onto the fon, only the app can be doing this.
It's not a selective problem just to me, it's a problem to a lot of people who have reviewed the app on google play.   I have decided to uncheck Login Automatically until I need to use a fon or hotspot away from home. I'm afraid this is the only use this app is to me, to save me from having to put my user name and password in the fon/hotspot page when I want to use one. As I have mentioned above a lot of people are having the same problems with this app, I think it would be a good idea for BT to look into the matter. Thanks guys

0 Ratings