Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Wi-Fi Option vanished

Go to solution

Hi

I have BT Broadband at home.

When I am away from home on my laptop, I should have the ability to connect to BT Wi-Fi where there is no other option.

I am at a location where I have previously used the BT Wi-Fi connection, however this option seems to have vanished completely with no mention of BT in list of Wi-Fi networks available. 

This is obviously very frustrating as I now don't have any internet access of my own and have to use an open and unprotected Wi-Fi account.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Wi-Fi Option vanished

Go to solution

probably the person whose hub you were connecting to has either opted out of BTWIFI or changed provider.  nothing BT can do about that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

As a Broadband customer, my understanding is I get free access to broadband on the go through hotspots or open zone.  There is no BT option whatsoever.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Leaper wrote:

As a Broadband customer, my understanding is I get free access to broadband on the go through hotspots or open zone.  There is no BT option whatsoever.

you do get free access to BTWIFI but that network comes from the hubs of other customers and some customers prefer to opt out the BTWIFI and their signal is turned off.  other customers move to another ISP   there is nothing BT can do about that you just have to try elsewhere for BTWIFI network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hmm, how close are the Hotspots supposed to be to be able to connect?  There are 76 in view from where I according to the BT hotspot locator. Surely I should be able to connect to one of these??

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Very close, it is just the same signal as your normal wifi on the hub.

0 Ratings