cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laptopterry
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

BT Wi-Fi and a Kindle Paperwhite

Any hints on how to sign in to BT Wi-Fi with the Kindle please?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Wi-Fi and a Kindle Paperwhite

when you select btwifi and then try and connect can you enter your primary email address and password?  I think that might be a problem with your kindle but is possible with the fire

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

This link will take you to the Kindle instructions on how to connect to a wifi network. As imjolly said, once you have found the BTWifi network you will need to enter your primary email address and password. They are case sensitive. You may need to go onto the Kindle's web browser to get the BTWifi landing page and enter your email address & password there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kin_conland_k4im?nodeId=200727480

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

My mistake, just noticed its a Kindle Paperwhite. This is the link for it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kin_pw_4?nodeId=200996500#connectw

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

I think there may be a problemas all the examples shown only expect a password whereas BTWIFI will need a username and password and ia normally done via a login page

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Yes I know but there is a browser on the Kindle which may allow him to get to the landing page and enter the details. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it will work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

there is a browser on the fire but not on basic kindle and I don't think there is on paperwhite

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

I have a basic Kindle and it has a browser and according to the spec on the Kindle Paperwhite it has one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

yours must be different to my kindle as my kindle does not have an internet browser just shows wifi connections availabe so I can select which signal I want to sign in but these normally only ask for password.  I though only the new fire had an internet browser

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Its a year old Kindles. It calls it an experimental browser. Its pretty slow and not much use but I suppose its better than nothing.. just!

0 Ratings