Did you mean: 
MartinW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Wi-Fi app for Android

Go to solution
I use this app and think it's great.
I do have one problem with it though.
When I'm at home the app will sometimes disconnect from my BT Hub and reconnect to it as a BT Wi-Fi hotspot.
Is there any way to force the app to connect to my home network when it's detected?
Thanks
Martin
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Wi-Fi app for Android

Go to solution

There is a setting on the app to give your home hub main SSID priority.

0 Ratings
MartinW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I used to use this setting on the older version but it send to have gone from the latest version.
The only settings in "Help & Settings" now seem to be for notifications.
Everything else is just tutorials or a link to this forum.
Is it still there, and if so, where do I find it please?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

That setting has disappeared. With wifi turned on, go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > tap Forget in the BTWiFi and BTWiFi-with-FON SSIDs. You might have to do it again if you subsequently use BT Wi-Fi elsewhere, but it's OK for me.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

It does seem to have gone.I have not noticed any problems, and there are a couple of nearby BT Wif hotspots, but my phone still connects to one of my home wifi signals.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

this is how someone else solved the problem  may or may not help you http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/BT-WiFi-hotspot-taking-preference-over-my-home-hub/td-p/1082...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

It always prioritised the weak and slow hotspot rather than the wifi I pay for even in my own house, when i was in other properties where the phone knows the password it would still insist on connecting to the weak hotspot . I found the app useless and deleted it

0 Ratings