cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Wi-Fi error - unable to verify

Been having some problems when using BT Wi-fi app whilst out, kept getting certificate errors & not connected. So tried removing & reinstalling the app (I realise this was my mistake but seemed a possibility).

Trying to log on just get error "Sorry, we have been unable to retrieve your BT Wi-fi credentials. Please try again".

The login details are correct, on one attempt I mistyped & go password error, but simply cannot connect.

Nothing on BT help pages - can anyone help please

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wi-Fi error - unable to verify

have you tried connecting to your own BTWIFI ?  ( if iphone then should be connecting to BTwifi-x)   once you get that connected from comfort of your own home then you should be able to connect when out and about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - it is an iPhone, just tried at home connecting to BT Wi-fi -X but get error “Unable to join the network BT Wi-Fi X”

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Are you the BT Broadband account holder and is your BTID an email address?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes and yes. It’s the same ID (e-mail) that I use to log on to My BT.

Saw & tried something else, sitting in a BT Wi-Fi spot clicked on connect, then went to web page. At prompt put in ID & password connected no problem

So issue seems to be with the app

0 Ratings