cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT Wi-Fi sign in problem

Go to solution

I have had BT broadband since it came out. I have now downloaded the BT WiFi App. Trying to sign in on my phone with my MyBT ID (which is my @btopenworld.com email address) I get the message "Create a BT ID. You have entered a btopenworld.com log in. If this is not your BT ID for managing your account online, create a BT ID" but this IS the ID I use online and I cannot get beyond this message! Help please. I have checked that the password is the one that I use on MyBT.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Wi-Fi sign in problem

Go to solution

Try changing the login suffix to @btinternet.com

The two are interchangeable, but the BT Wifi app only recognises the btinternet one.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks - great idea but the response is "Unknown problem. There is an unexpected error causing a problem" Have re-tried after closing App - same result!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

See if anyone else has any suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Many thanks. I have given up on BT support after over 20 minutes hanging on the phone in a queue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Double check the BT ID/email address with that shown under My Details on My BT as that caused me an issue.

pjtaylor_0-1597755659697.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you but the email address in My Details is correct.

Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

If you have had BT Broadband since Adam was a boy, to use BTWifi  and log onto it you need to use the primary email address for that BT account. ie the email you were allocated or first used when you took out that broadband account.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Very interesting thought - during the switch from Yahoo to the new BTopenworld I did indeed lose my intial email address - they said it was already allocated though I could get no response from it - but as the ID on MyBT is the one I use now I doubt if they still have a record of it. If they do I would love to get it back!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Have you tried to use it as a log on on BTWifi?

0 Ratings