cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Wi-Fi still active after opting out

Hi

I opted-out of BT Wi-Fi some years ago and noticed recently that BT Wi-Fi had been re-activated on my BT Smart Hub. After reading some posts on here, I opted-in to BT Wi-Fi through My BT, waited 7 days and opted-out again. Its now more than 7 days since I opted-out again, but its still showing as active.

What else can I do to get it de-activated?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Wi-Fi still active after opting out

in some cases it can take up to 28 days to deactivate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It's now more than 28 days since I opted out, but my BT Smart Hub is still showing BT Wi-fi as active.

What's the next step? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Are the moderators able to help with this issue? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I understand your frustration with this and BT should change their T&Cs for the benefit of the consumer.

Anyway, this has worked for me every time after the intervention from the MODs:

• Go into MyBT and check if Opted in or Opted out. If Opted out then Opt in and wait 24hours minimum.
  • Go back into MyBT and Opt out and after 48 hours check if you have been Opted out.
  •  If still not Opted out, wait further 48 hours.
  •  I have never had to wait 28 days! If you do then MODs need to intervene.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi Dippu

Thanks for the reply. I followed all of the steps you have outlined before my first post above.

Its now 37 days since I last opted out of BT Wi-fi. The Manage BT Wi-fi page on My BT has shown me as opted-out for all of that time. However, my BT Home Hub is still showing BT Wi-fi Status as Active.

Are the mods able to force an update to the BT Home Hub settings?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I have tried multiple times to opt-out of BT Wi-Fi without success.

Each time I have opted-in for 1-7 days and then opted-out. Each time I have waited for >28 days before trying again. My BT Smart Hub still shows BT Wi-Fi Status: Active. 

I don't think my BT Smart Hub is associated with my BT account. Is this something that the mods can check?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @david644803  sorry that this keeps happening and you can't get opted out. I've sent you a Private Message with details on contacting the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings