Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattlivermore
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Wi-fi App Login

Hi all,
I’m trying to use my iOS BT app to auto-login to hotspots when I’m out and about. I put my BT username and password in, which is accepted. It then says I’m not subscribed to BT-Fon thing. It shows me a link to follow to participate and “enter” into the BT Fon program.

After I follow this link it asks me once again to sign in, but it doesn’t accept my user ID. I know my ID is correct (and password) as I can immediately log into my account or any other BT page with it. Just the BT Fon part of the website doesn’t recognise me.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Wi-fi App Login

Hi @mattlivermore,

I'm sorry you're having problems using BT WiFi. Can you take a look at What's my BT Wi-fi password or username? as it includes useful information.

Give that ago and let me know if you've been able to sign in and use the BT WiFi app.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mattlivermore
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Many thanks for your reply Paddy,

"If you ordered BT Broadband after 3 September 2013, your BT Wi-fi username is the BT ID you created when you joined BT Broadband. Your BT ID username is normally your contact email address."

I know my BT Wifi username, and I have the correct password. If either were incorrect, the signup page to the BT-Wifi would say 'wrong username/password' but instead it says 'thanks for logging in, your not yet subscribed to BT Wifi - click here to join in'.

It's that stage that has the error. I click to 'join in' the BT Wifi program, and it says:

Not Opted into BT Wi-Fi

To get your free, unlimited BT Wi-fi you need to go online to bt.com to agree to be a part of the BT Wifi community.

I click 'OK, Go to BT.com'

Then type in the same details (BT Wifi Username / Password) and click "Register for BT Wifi"

Then it says 'Enter valid Username' (which ofcourse, I have)

Regards,
Matt

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @mattlivermore,

Thank you for posting back, I'm sorry that didn't work. I'll take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mattlivermore
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I think I’ve PM’ed you? Not sure...!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@mattlivermore the PM contact method is not the correct way to send over your details. You need to use the click here to contact the mods link.  If you click on my username you'll see the link like in the image below, you need to be viewing the full version of the site to see the link. 

contact the mods.png

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @mattlivermore,

Thanks for sending over the details. I picked up your email and tried calling, sorry I missed you. The details you’ve sent over are for a business account which we can’t deal with. Your best bet would be to try the business tech guys who also deal with wifi issues. You’ll get them on 0800 800 154. Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings